Ethan is a songwriter, award-winning playwright, composer, lyricist and performer based in Calgary, Alberta.
With melodies that will transport you and invite you to hum along, Ethan’s theatre music has won numerous awards. His 2014 release, Hazlewood Pines, was praised as “an airy and understatedly pretty swath of prairie fields folk-pop.” (Mike Bell, Calgary Herald, 2014). Ethan has now released his follow-up EP Ghost Towns. Four lonesome mountain songs, steeped in a playful mist, weaving smoky tendrils of memory around haunting prose.
In December, Ethan will perform at Alberta Theatre Projects in Charlotte's Web. Ethan is creating original music for the production.
Awards and Achievements
- Finalist, Calgary Folk Festival Songwriting Competition, 2012.
- Betty Mitchell Award for Outstanding New Play (Peril In Paris) with Eric Rose, 2012.
- Betty Mitchell Nominations for Outstanding Composition and Musical Direction (Peril In Paris), 2012.
- Betty Mitchell Nomination for Outstanding Composition (In The Wake), 2010.
- Betty Mitchell Award for Outstanding Composition (The Astonishing Adventures of Awesome Girl and Radical Boy), 2007.